Arginine is an amino acid. Applied topically, it has antioxidant properties, is an excellent hydration booster, and supports collagen production.
- protects from free radical damage.
- serves as a humectant and helps to synthesize components of the skin’s natural moisturizing factor (NMF) such as ceramides, urea, and glycosaminoglycans.
- when arginine is metabolized into urea and ornithine by the enzyme arginase-1, l-proline is generated. l-proline is an amino acid that is a substrate for collagen synthesis.
In the body, arginine is a semi-essential amino acid that is a key component to building protein. It also releases nitric oxide in the blood, which may help certain circulatory conditions. Arginine also plays an important role in cell division, wound healing, immune function, and hormone regulation.
Products with Arginine
- A$52.00 – A$165.0050ml10ml
tone balancing treatment: restore + correct
Enhance luminosity overnight while working to boost skin integrity. Combat visible signs of photoaging, alleviate the appearance of redness, refine texture and deeply hydrate for a noticeably brighter, more even complexion.
- A$46.00 – A$148.0050ml10ml
replenishing overnight facial: plump + reset
Ever wish for an “undo” button for your skin? This multitasking facial is it. Powerful actives gently slough dead cells, plump and smooth, deeply detoxify, intensely hydrate, and diffuse the look of tonal and inflammatory imperfections. It’s an all-in-one reset for a juicy, bright, renewed appearance.